All the maps on this site are presented using Zoomify software.
Zoomify no longer relies on Flash (an Adobe product), or on ActiveX (a Microsoft product).
How to use Zoomify
When you look at a page on which a map is presented by Zoomify, you will see this set
of controls at the bottom left corner of the map image. If you click on its double-right-arrow, you will "open" it and see ...
... this. (You may need to use your browser's vertical scroll bar to get to the bottom of the page.) You can:
You can also
- Click on the - sign to zoom out
- Drag the triangle right and left to zoom in and out
- Click on the + sign to zoom in
- Click on any of the four arrows to move the viewport over the map
- Click on the cryptic symbol including a ↖ to reset Zoomify
- Click on the cryptic symbol including a ↗ to go full-screen;
and click on it again to return to a normal browser window
- click on the ? to get some help from Zoomify
- Click on the map to zoom in on a region centred on where you clicked
- Drag the map to see a different region of it
- In the small version of the map at the top left, drag the viewport to select a region
- Use the wheelie on your mouse (if you have one) to zoom in and out